FOR Chicago Venue:
There are several CTA busses with stops near the venue. The closest CTA “L” Train stop is State & Huron on the Red Line, a 0.5 mile / 10 minute walk to the venue.
– Public transit – Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) – busses and “L” trains within Chicago
– Metra Commuter Rail – commuter trains from Chicago suburbs
– Amtrak – Chicago Union Station approx. 30 mins to conference center on CTA busses 124, 151, 157
– Midway on the Orange “L”Train line approx. 45 mins to venue
– O’Hare on the Blue “L”Train line, then Red Line or bus approx. 1 hr to venue
Chicago is also well-served by taxis and Uber.
Please keep in mind that we are unable to validate parking and downtown parking is costly during the week. However, there are public parking options near the Northwestern Conference Center: Public Parking Garages
Street parking is also available, but can be challenging to utilize with the enforced 2 hour time limit.
There are many hotels near the venue for a range of budgets, including:
– Hampton Inn Downtown quoted at $209-219 per night – 5 minute walk from venue
– Red Roof Inn Downtown (budget) – 10 minute walk from venue
Hotels with Northwestern University rates available:
– The Allerton Hotel, 701 North Michigan Avenue
– Doubletree Hotel, 300 East Ohio Street
– Omni Hotel, 676 North Michigan Avenue
– Peninsula Hotel, 108 East Superior Street
– Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile (formerly Wyndham Chicago), 633 North St. Clair Street
** To obtain these rates, request the “Northwestern University rate” when making reservations.
– Freehand Chicago – hostel 15 minute walk from venue
For more general Chicago Info, visit the City of Chicago Tourist Website