The Labor Task Force is dedicated to improving the working conditions of STEM graduate students and postdocs.
To achieve this goal, we have two major action items –
- Surveying the impact of academic labor unions on graduate student and postdoc benefits and wellbeing.
- Find solutions for postdocs who lose benefits like healthcare upon accepting certain fellowships.
Please reach out to Amanda Hurley – firstname.lastname@example.org or @HurleyPhD with anecdotes of losing benefits after accepting specific postdoctoral fellowships.
Any postdoc can add their salary and benefits anonymously to our Postdoc Salaries database to facilitate transparency around postdoc compensation.
Task Force Members
- Amanda Hurley, PhD. University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Emily Ackerman, University of Pittsburg, Pittsburg
- Liz Moore, PhD. Health Communications, CISCRP, Boston